Alright Ladies NEWS FLASH…being pale and pasty is a thing of the past. Tan skin is in and it does not look like it is going anywhere! Many of you are probably saying to yourself Duh Taylor… But, if you are like me, and are blessed with “fair skin,” you have three options, laying out, tanning beds, or self-tanning! Two of the three cause skin cancer, horrible tan lines, burns, peeling and over time causes your skin to look like leather. That leaves most of us with the latter option, self-tanning.
Taylor’s 2 Favorite Self-Tanning Products
1. St. Tropez Self-Tanning Express Bronzing Mousse: This highly advanced product is brand new. This product is flying off the shelves and already received accolades from Allure Magazine! It’s a fast-acting tinted mousse that dries in 60 seconds and develops color in as little as one hour. It also features intelligent shade technology allowing you to select your desired shade. Just shower off when satisfied with your shade of tan. It’s dermatologist tested and is made from 100% natural tanning agents that contain no parabens, sulfates or phthalates. It will give you a streak-free tan with natural-looking results on all skin tones. It is available at Sephora for $44.
2. Neutrogena Micro Mist: This is my go to self-tanner. If I do not have time to run to the mall or my wallet is a little light, I use the dark shade 3 because I am very fair skinned. It is inexpensive at $9-$12 and can be found at any drug or grocery store. This ultra-fine mist covers evenly and is a no-rub application that will not clog pores. It’s one touch continuous spray works at any angle which is great for hard to reach places like your back and it dries in about 5 minutes. This product is oil-free and will not streak and for the price and availability this is a great option!
Taylor’s Self-Tanning Tips
1) Polish nails prior to tanning. Acetone will take off your tan!!!
2) Shave, exfoliate, and be completely dry before applying a self-tanner. I have found that for me the best way to exfoliate is with exfoliating gloves. You can pick these up at most any drug or grocery store. They are inexpensive and washable! They also allow you to really get those difficult spots well like your heels, toes, knees, and hands.
3) If you are using a rub on formula, I like to use latex gloves just as an added protection and a little piece of mind that my hands won’t look like I just left Willy Wonka’s Chocolate factory. (if you know what I mean:) Also, remember to be conservative on knees and heels. You can always add, but it is harder to take away. If using a spray formula, make claws with your fingers when spraying hands, and always hold your bottle at least 6-12 inches from area of application to achieve even looking color.
4) After application, allow yourself to dry completely. I also picked up this neat trick from a spray tan professional. Add baby powder to a large makeup powder brush and pat it behind knees, inside elbows and under arms. This trick will help you avoid sweating the self-tanner off over night or feeling sticky before putting on clothes.
5) If you are going to sleep in your tan, wear something loose fitting to sleep in to prevent it from rubbing off.
Hope you all enjoy, like, and share Better Bronzed: Taylor’s 2 Favorite Self-Tanners and Application Tips. Visit the blog next Friday for more tips to glam-up your weekend! Wishing you all a fabulously, glam weekend!