Sheila Ybarra is an amazing makeup artist with over 25 years of experience. Shelia has been the official makeup artist to the Houston Texan Cheerleaders for over 10 years, and her work is featured in Miss USA, David Tutera of My fair Wedding, MTV, and E!Online. Not only is she a talented makeup artist, but she is also incredibly talented with hair styling.
I have personally had private one-on-one makeup lessons with Shelia. Her makeup lessons are incredible! She is very detail oriented, patient, and video tapes the lessons. She showed me what color combinations looked best with my skin tone and taught me the proper technique to apply the makeup with brushes. Her makeup lessons have made me feel more confident and less stressed when I apply my makeup. I also love and use Shelia’s professional makeup line, luxury makeup brushes, and skin care products. Shelia has 6 tips that she shared on one of the hottest makeup techniques “baking.”
Have you tried the hottest trending makeup technique called “baking?”
Don’t worry, we’re not talking about getting into the kitchen and making your own beauty products. Baking is the latest makeup technique to take over YouTube and Instagram. Actually, it is not a new technique at all, but rather a tried and true way to create a smooth, highlighted, creaseless finish. This technique is not for everybody. I would not suggest it on dry or flaky skin. If you have a normal to combination skin, this technique is perfect for you! Here’s how you do it:
1. Start with a flawless canvas by exfoliating and moisturizing the skin. Apply foundation all over the face with a damp beauty blender patted into the foundation. A matte finish foundation is the best to use for this look. Stipple the moist sponge all over the face to create a light finished coverage. Do not forget to blend down the neck and into the ears.
2. Next, apply and blend in a creamy highlight over your entire t-zone and under the eyes-Makeup by Sheila has the perfect shades to choose from. Remember this shade should be at least two shades lighter than your foundation.
3. Then apply a micro fine loose powder in Bamboo over where you highlighted to soak up any oils and add brightness. This yellow-based, warm-hued transparent powder will give you a beautiful summer glow, for tan or olive skin tones. For those with a fair to medium complexion, I recommend the Translucent powder because it doesn’t add color but helps enhance the natural highlights of the face.
4. Dip a flat face sponge into the setting powder and pack more loose powder onto where you have highlighted your face. This powder should be very loose and not pressed into the skin too deeply.
5. Let this all “bake” on your face for about 10 minutes. This allows your body heat to melt the makeup into your skin and set and highlight the areas where applied. Make sure to let it sit a little bit longer on your T-zone areas if your oily.
6. Using a blush brush, apply a small amount of powder to your brush, then dust away any excess powder as you blend any harsh edges. Make sure to powder and set the rest of the face.
Shelia’s Product Suggestions:
Matte finish liquid http://makeupbysheila.com/matte-finish-foundation.html
Setting Powders for baking in bamboo and transparent: http://makeupbysheila.com/micro-fine-loose-powder.html
Shelia is a sought after makeup artist for weddings and bridal parties, pageants, and special events. You can follow Sheila Ybarra on Instagram @ makeupbysheila and check out her website at
http://makeupbysheila.com/ Appointment requests can be made online, or by phone at 281-935-7000 or 281-253-3815.