Tammie and Taylor have teamed up for a Friday Splurge and Conserve Be Fashion Friends post. You can find helpful makeup and fashion tips every Friday to glam-up your weekend. This week Tammie will offer splurge suggestions and Taylor will offer conserve suggestions.
Tammie’s Top 5 Splurge Tips:
1. Foundation is the key to everything. If you want your face to look gorgeous in person, and in photographs, splurging on foundation is a must! Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is my go to foundation. Ask any make-up artist this is a must—splurge. It is basically, liquid gold in a bottle. This always tops the list of best foundations. Personally, I started using this foundation over 10 years ago. This foundation is expensive -$62, but it truly last all day, and you do not have to apply a lot for coverage.
2. You deserve it! Look fabulous with a powder that truly feels like silk on your face. I love Armani Lasting Silk UV Powder for $52. This truly leaves a silky appearance, and no matter what your skin-type this is amazing!
3. Blush-Orgasm by Nars is an exciting blush with a name you will not forget. This is an expensive blush for $30, but this color looks amazing on any face tone.
4. Hard on the pocket book, but long lasting on the eye-Nars and Mac offer the best pigment, blending capability, and color palettes. Nars individual eyeshadows are $25, but the duos are a better deal for $35. Mac individual eyeshadows are $16, but the palettes are always a better deal.
5. If you want to splurge and love a red lip, Chanel has a Rouge Allure color that is amazing! At $35, this is expensive, but this color has blue under tones instead of orange, and looks fabulous with most skin tones. Pretty red lip colors are difficult to find. Try this because you will love it!
Taylor’s Top 5 Conserve Tips:
1. If you’re not whitening, you are yellowing… Between toothpaste, trays, strips and bleaching pens we have tried it all! My tip for best results on a budget for whitening is Oil Pulling. This is a simple process, just add one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish for up to 20 minutes. It’s ok to start with a smaller amount of time and work your way up. It also has many other benefits such as helping to fight of gingivitis, plaque, and bad breath. There are a couple brands I prefer, Nature’s Way Coconut Oil ($8), and Nutiva Coconut Oil ($20). The main thing to remember for this method of whitening is to purchase USDA organic coconut oil.
2. A lip liner that’s light on the pocket book but heavy on everyday style. It’s pretty much my everyday go-to lip liner and seems to just work with whatever makeup look I am going for. For under $4, Prestige lip liner in Cameo (color) can’t be beat! I am asked all the time what lip liner I use, and where I purchased it. I found mine at HEB but you can also order it online at prestigecosmetics.com.
3. Long Lashes on the low end! Eyelash extensions are on trend right now, but they are expensive and can cause you to lose your real lashes, or have reactions to the adhesive. Want the same look without all the expense, upkeep, and risk? Look no further than Covergirl LashBlast Volume mascara. I have had several professional makeup artists recommend this mascara. For under $6, it can’t be beat. It is always the best feeling when someone asks if I have faux lashes on, and I get to say no they are all mine!
4. Prime, set, save! Kat Von D Lock N’ Load makeup setting mist is awesome. For $24, the two in one primer, and setting mist is a steal. The weightless mist can be sprayed on before, and after your makeup is applied for a flawless look for up to 16 hours. This primer keeps eyeshadows, blush, and lip color from fading. It won’t leave skin feeling sticky, but will keep makeup from melting when it’s hot and humid. I have been using it pretty much since Kat Von D launched her makeup line.
5. A spray tan that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Houston has heated up and that means it’s time to be outside but what about those white legs that have pretty much been in hibernation all winter. Getting a spray tan is nothing new these days, but since I have a ton of experience in this category because I competed in pageants and was a former Miss Houston. I have literally tried it all… Spray tans can range from $75 to $130. I strongly recommend two products, not only for the reasonable prices, but also for the convenience of doing it on your own schedule. First, Neutrogena Micro Mist for $12 is amazing. It is so easy to apply, and dries quickly, and won’t leave you feeling sticky. Second, I also recommend Sephora Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist; it’s a little more expensive than the Neutrogena Micro Mist at $16 but it gives you color immediately. This is still conservatively priced compared to some other products offered online that can cost $34 to $40. Both of these products will give you a gorgeous natural looking tan without orange palms, streaking, or the high price tag!
Hope you all enjoy the Friday Splurge & Conserve makeup tips this week. Visit the blog next Friday for more tips to glam-up your weekend! Wishing you all a fabulously glam weekend!